Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bambi

When I saw this fabric (from Znok) for the first time I liked it so much I had to have it right away, Saskia wasn't even born yet. But when it arrived I was somewhat disappointed. The print is too big for a tiny small baby and too…..loud.
Fast forward: lately I got hold of 100% merino wool interlock. I am a sucker for wool underwear for the kids (and myself by the way), the übersoft and washable kind, not the scratchy stuff or the $120-for-a-baby-sweater-and-you-can't-even-clean-it kind. I bought a yard in dark brown, unfortunately color choices are limited. By accident the bambi fabric ended up next to it and click! That looks really good together, what do you think?




This time I added a facing along the back of the neck to hide the seam allowance. It looks neatly finished.
I made size 74, an Ottobre pattern, the length is just about right, she can crawl without getting stuck or falling on her face.


However, I expect that she will be less crawling since she is practicing to walk:





No comments:

Post a Comment