Sunday, January 19, 2014

Coat

Remember last year's duffel coat? The fabric store carries the melton in different colors, also in deep purple. Really very beautiful so I bought some to make a coat for Saskia. I had a precise idea: knew what pattern to use, what fabric to use for the lining. But I didn't want to mess it up, so I did  a trial run:

This is a cotton velour knit, the lining is a thin fleece. I appliquéd a few owls on the back and the lady has a choice how to wear the garment: with an oversized collar....
....or with a hood
A simple but clever pattern from Ottobre. I love the looks we get when we are in a store: Saskia wears the hood when we come in, but once inside I unzip it, there is always someone making a comment.

The melton however, is still sitting in the stash. Somehow little babies and carseats do not go well together, and she is not old enough to do a lot of walking, so there is not really a point. When she is bigger she will need a coat more often, and next year it will be cold again. No big deal, fabric is patient.....

No comments:

Post a Comment